Hilary has sent a recipe for Chicken Curry with finger limes.
Chicken and Finger Lime Curry
- 1 onion
- 6 chillies
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass (white part only)
- 2 teaspoons fresh galangal
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 kg Chicken
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4/ cup oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 10 Australian native finger limes
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- To make the curry paste, finely chop the onion, chilli, garlic, lemongrass, galangal and turmeric in a food processor until the mixture is a thick paste.
- Cut the chicken through the bone into bit sized pieces.
- Heat the oil and cook the curry paste over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes, making sure the curry paste coats the chicken.
- Add the coconut milk , water, 6 finger limes quartered lengthwise and shredded kaffir lime leaves and simmer until the chicken is tender, approximately 25 minutes.
- Discard the finger limes, add the fish sauce, scatter with coriander leaves and serve with the remaining finger limes quartered lengthwise on steamed rice.