Joy’s Mango-Finger lime Summery Flummery was a hit last Christmas. The recipe is very easy, You need:
- 1 tbsp gelatine
- 110 g castor sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour; 180 ml water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 large mangoes pureed to approx. 3 cups
- pearls from three finger limes.
- Combine gelatine, sugar and flour in large saucepan.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Transfer to medium bowl, stir in juice and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until mixture starts to set around edge of bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer 5-10 minutes until thick and creamy. Stir in the pureed mango and finger lime pearls.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator.